Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Chaos in the Classroom

Well, we are now on plan three of how to ask to go to the in-class restroom. Original plan raise hand and ask, but with 24 kids in the class thats all we did. I.E. no teaching just can I go the the bathroom. Plan two if the door is open walk to the restroom. This too backfired as multiple kids would run to be the first one to the door. They began "sliding into home plate" in an effort to get in the doorway. Now we are almost a week in to plan three, my most creative yet! I took a plastic construction workers hat and taped a sign to it reading "Bathroom Hat." We pass the pass hat around to our neighbor  if you need to go you put it on if you don't you pass it next to you. It was working fairly well until a girl dropped it in the toilet... thankfully I had another hat. Note to self bleach wipe the other hat incase we need another switch out.

Thanks to the hat we are getting through more lessons. Mind you there are now 23 kids in the class but still crazy busy and very immature for most of them. So things aren't flowing like I'd like, but hope comes when the school hires 2 new teachers so I'll have about 5-6 fewer kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment